The Gibran Chair 2016-2017 Annual Report
The George and Lisa Zakhem Kahlil Gibran Chair for Values and Peace is pleased to announce the publication of its 2016-2017 Annual Report. In this report, the activities of the Chair over the past year, between May 2016 and April 2017, are detailed. Those activities include:
- the Director's Inaugural Lecture;
- a conference organized by the Chair in October 2016 titled, "Secularism in Islam: A Path to Peace";
- a symposium held in December 2016 titled, "The Contributions of Arab Women Toward a Lasting Peace";
- an off-campus lecture and three on-campus lectures delivered by the Director, Ms. May Rihani, on topics such as global development, girls' education, and education reform, and sexism;
- an honors seminar taught by Ms. Rihani on Social Expectations of Gender Roles in Africa, the Middle East, and South West Asia.
This Annual Report also includes the following in detail;
- an interview with the Director;
- the Chair's outreach initiatives and new web page;
- a Department of State grant proposal submitted by the Chair;
- as well as new on the Chair's new publication and emerging publications on Kahlil Gibran.
For more information on the activities the Chair is involved with and to read the Annual Report, please click here.