On March 27, 2019, the Kahlil Gibran Chair for Values and Peace held an all-day symposium and exhibit on three Lebanese-American literary giants: Kahlil Gibran, Ameen Rihani and Mikhail Naimy. The symposium gathered an audience of 200 people from the Washington metropolitan area, New York, Boston, Chicago, Michigan, and Lebanon.
Click to watch panels 1, 2 and 3 from the symposium.
Articles and media:
- Annahar Newspaper (Sydney, Australia), " إِعادةُ تشكيل مشهد الفكر العربي: كرسي جبران في جامعة ميريلند", March 19, 2019
- Arab America, March 27, 2019
- Aswaq el.Arab (London), "إِعادةُ تشكيل مشهد الفكر العربي”, March 11, 2019
- Beirut Times (Los Angeles, USA), "كرسي جبران في جامعة ميريلند", March 11, 2019
- The Diamondback (University of Maryland), "UMD honors Lebanese-American authors at literature seminar", March 31, 2019
- Gibran Chair (University of Maryland), "Reshaping Landscapes: A Conference Celebrating Three Literary Giants", January 31, 2019
- Gibran Chair (University of Maryland), "Rediscovering the Fathers of Modern Arab Thought", February 2019
al-Mayadeen, al-Mashhadiya (Video; 27:36), April 2, 2019
- al-Mayadeen, "كرسي جبران في جامعة ماريلند", (Video; 00:37, 27:45), April 2, 2019
- The Kahlil Gibran Collective
- Youssef Yacoubi, Seton Hall University, "Assistant Professor speaks at "Reshaping the Landscapes of Arab Thought", April 8, 2019
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more event updates: @GibranChair